From time to time, Cumberland County Federal Credit Union (“CCFCU”) may sponsor various contests for various prizes. No purchase is necessary to enter any contest or win any prize. These General Contest Rules apply to all contests sponsored by CCFCU.
1) ELIGIBILITY: Contests (each a “Contest”) are open to anyone who is a legal resident of the United States and is 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of CCFCU, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Contests are governed by Maine law and are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2) TIMING. The Contest will extend for the period set forth in the contest post on advertising, social, mailings, collateral, or signage. All entries must be received by CCFCU by the deadline specified in the contest in order to be included in the prize drawing. CCFCU is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries. All entries shall be for the contest entered and one drawing only. A new entry is needed for each individual contest.
3) ENTERING A CONTEST: There is no purchase necessary to enter or win any Contest.
Each Entrant will be required to acknowledge agreement to these General Contest Rules as well as specific rules applicable to a particular contest (“Rules”) before an entry will be considered. Entering the Contest will be considered agreement to all terms and conditions and acceptance of the Rules.
*If it is a Contest on social media (i.e. Facebook), comment on the contest thread for a chance to win by the deadline set forth in the contest post. Specifically, a question will be posted on the CCFCU Facebook wall by CCFCU (when a contest is being held). Commenting on the post will count as a contest entry. By entering a contest each contestant declares the he or she has complied with the Contest Rules. Further, the winner of the Contest must conform to all directions given by CCFCU or his/her participation in the Contest will be denied. All entries and/or comments become the property of CCFCU and will not be returned to entrants. Incomplete or illegible entries are void. Non-compliance with any entry procedure will result in disqualification.
Individuals are allowed to submit only one entry per person (together the “Entry”), which must be e-mailed to email@example.com or posted as a comment to the CCFCU Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CumberlandCountyFCU/. More than one Entry by a given individual will result in disqualification of all Entries submitted by that individual.
Entry must be family friendly, not include violence, sexually explicit or suggestive behaviors, or derogatory words, explicit language, gestures or profanities, not promote alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs, not contain any personal information other than names, not include any libelous or copyrighted material, and not have endangered or appear to have endangered any person or property. Children (with consent from a parent or guardian) and any adult may be identifiable and must sign a media release form, get an approval by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a verbal approval if at an event. All material must be original, in English, and authored by the Entrant.
All Contest entries will become property of CCFCU to be used at the sole discretion of CCFCU and will not be acknowledged or returned. CCFCU may use Entrant’s name, age, image, biographical information; and Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless CCFCU if any claims or actions arise against CCFCU on account of any entry or Contest.
All entries submitted will be reviewed by CCFCU for eligibility and reviewed for content. If Entrant appropriately (as determined by CCFCU in its sole discretion) answers the previously stated question, and the Entrant otherwise meets all eligibility requirements, it may be made public.
4) WINNERS: CCFCU’s determination of all winners is final. Winners will be selected by CCFCU no later than the designated contest closing date, from all eligible Entries received. CCFCU’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Winners will be notified by email or phone and will be required to execute and return certain documentation as determined by CCFCU within five (5) business days of notification. If a Winner cannot be reached within three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, the Prize will be forfeited and, at CCFCU’s sole discretion, an alternate Winner will be selected.
Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or other substitutes.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by CCFCU. No substitution, assignment, cash equivalent, transfer or exchange is permitted.
6) TAXES AND EXPENSES: Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use.
7) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry to a Contest, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts the Rules and the decisions of CCFCU, which are final and binding in all matters related to each Contest. Each Entrant also grants consent for CCFCU to use his or her name, address and other information as described below. CCFCU reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to void all associated Entries.
8) GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each Entrant consents to the use of his or her name, place of residence, voice, photographs, all likenesses and all similar or related information for promotional, advertising and all other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity by CCFCU and its designees, without any compensation, notification or permission, except where such use is expressly prohibited by law. Entrants hereby release and hold harmless CCFCU and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents from any and all claims, actions, injury, liability, loss or damage of any kind resulting from entering or participating in a Contest or from the acceptance or use of any Prize.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: CCFCU expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability for any injury or damage to any person or property attributable to any Contest, including but not limited to: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of a Contest; (iv) late, lost, stolen, undelivered, misdirected, delayed, inaccurate, garbled or incomplete Entries, or for any electronic, computer, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with a Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of a Contest, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the Winner, or in any Contest-related materials (including the Rules); or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to any Entrant’s computer, hardware, or software, which injury or damage may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation or Entry in a Contest. CCFCU reserves the right to cancel or modify any Contest (or any portion thereof) if bugs, virus, fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or proper operation of that Contest (or any portion thereof), as determined by CCFCU in its sole discretion. In such event, CCFCU reserves the right to award Prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment.
10) DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, any Contest or Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an appropriate court located in the State of Maine; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Contest, and in no event shall any Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs or expenses; and (c) each Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages, even if CCFCU has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and Entrants agree to indemnify and hold CCFCU harmless from and against any claims or demands asserted by any third parties against CCFCU relating to or arising out of any Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of CCFCU in connection with any Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maine, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict or law rules (whether of the State of Maine or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Maine.