ATM Security Update
Due to the recent impact of local ATM skimming devices we have adopted stronger ATM security measures. These measures may cause declines when using local ATMS. If you need assistance, please give us a call.
We want to assure you that no Cumberland County ATMs have been impacted and our ATMs are checked frequently for these devices. Below are some tips to help you avoid becoming a victim of ATM terminal fraud:
– Always inspect the ATM, gas pump, or credit card readers before using them. Be suspicious if you see anything loose, crooked, or damaged, or if you notice scratches or adhesive/tape residue.
– When entering your PIN, block the keypad with your other hand to prevent possible hidden cameras from recording your number.
– If possible, use an ATM at an inside location (these tend to be less accessible for criminals to install skimmers).
– Be careful of ATMs in tourist areas or gas stations. They are a popular target of skimmers.
– If your card isn’t returned after the transaction or after hitting “cancel,” immediately contact your credit union!
– If you notice anyone acting suspiciously around an ATM (loitering, watching people use it, messing with parts, etc.), please inform the institution immediately.
Please, never provide personal information in response to phone calls or SMS texts. All login credentials, PINs, and other security codes should not be shared with anyone. Credit Union staff will not ask for this information.
We take pride in keeping your money safe! Thank you!